1 medium onion, chopped
Enchilada Sauce, recipe follows
3 cups (about) shredded cooked chicken
3 cups (about) grated cheese - Cheddar & Mozzerella/Monterey Jack
Spray 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray, make layers of tortillas, sauce, chicken, onions, and cheese - repeat layers to fill the dish. Pour any remaining sauce over enchiladas. Cover with foil.
Preheat oven to 350. Bake about 35 minutes.
Enchilada Sauce Recipe
3 tablespoons chili powder
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon oregano
3 cups water
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Stirring constantly, slowly add enough of the water to make a thin paste.
3. Pour into pan and add rest of water.
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
5. Stir in tomato sauce.
6. Use in your favorite enchilada recipe.