4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
12 pretzel rods
1/3 to 1/2 cup mixed red, green and white nonpareil sprinkles
1. To melt the chocolate, place three-fourths of the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water in the lower pan, or in a heatproof bowl set over barely simmering water in a saucepan.
2. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally. Remove the top of the double boiler or the bowl and wipe the bottom to prevent any water from coming in contact with the chocolate. Stir in the remaining chocolate. Continue to stir until all the chocolate is melted.
3. Line a rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper. (Do not spray the paper with cooking spray.) Working with 1 pretzel at a time, dip the top half in the melted chocolate and allow the excess chocolate to drip back into the pan. You can also use the back of a spoon to remove the excess.
4. Place the dipped pretzels on the prepared baking sheet. Allow the chocolate to cool and set slightly, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the chocolate-covered half of each pretzel with the sprinkles, turning to coat all sides.
5. Refrigerate until the chocolate is hardened, about 20 minutes. The pretzels will release from the paper once dry. (The dipped pretzels can be made up to 1 week ahead. Layer them, without touching, between sheets of waxed paper in a flat, airtight container and store at room temperature.)